The Energy-Water-Environment Forum will be held from February 16 to 24, 2019 at the Yaoundé (Cameroun) Congress Centre under the theme "Development of the Sanaga Basin, the engine of hydroelectricity and a factor of cooperation". The event will take place on the sidelines of the 7th edition of the Promote exhibition.
The Promote Fair will be the venue for the 4th edition of the “Water, Energy and Environment” forum on the theme “Development of the Sanaga Basin, a driving force for hydropower development and a factor of cooperation”. The forum will take place from the 19th to the 20th of February 2019 in Yaoundé the capital city of Cameroon. The Forum is organised by Electricity Development Corporation (EDC) in partnership with the Inter-progress foundation, organiser of the Promote exhibition.
Below are some of the themes that will fuel the exchanges during the two-day forum:
– Hydroelectricity at the centre of the government’s policy to improve energy supply throughout the country;
– Nachtigal hydroelectric development project: start of work, prospects and risk management for commissioning by 2022;
– Private sector participation in regional development in Africa through hydropower on the Sanaga River: the case of the Grand Eweng hydroelectric development;
– Major regional hydroelectric development projects: an asset for Africa’s regional development;
– Hydroelectricity and interconnection of CEMAC countries: strengths and weaknesses. Cases of three nearby hydroelectric power plants: Memve’elé (Cameroon) – Poubara (Gabon) – Djibloho (Equatorial Guinea) – Cholet (Cameroon/Congo-Brazzaville) ;
– Operation of the Lom Pangar dam reservoir: assets and opportunities for Cameroon’s electricity sector;
– Project for the construction of the 6000 MW Great Renaissance Dam: what possibilities for the interconnection of Africa?
– Challenges of the realisation of the drinking water supply project for the city of Yaoundé from the Sanaga River;
– Technology transfer and capacity building in the water and energy sector;
– Development of the Sanaga: an engine of development, a factor of cooperation;
For the organisers, the EWE Forum is an opportunity for participants to share information and experience on recent developments in the energy, water and environment sectors. It would eventually allow the country-Cameroon to find new investors for the projects in which it is currently involved.
The forum will be held in conjunction with the Yaoundé International Business, SME and Partnership Fair (Promote), which itself focuses on the theme ” Business climate and sustainable development “, and also hosts the Renewable Energies Fair. Promote will open its doors on February 16 and close on February 24. The exhibition is organised by the Inter-progress foundation under the patronage of the Head of State Paul Biya.