The African Forum on Technological Innovation for Energy Transition, Environmental Sustainability and Sustainable Development (dubbed FITSEDD in French) will be held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, from June 17 to 18, 2019. The main objective of the forum is to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and Climate Objectives in Africa.
Abidjan, the capital of Ivory Coast, will host the first edition of the FITSEDD. The Forum on Technological Innovations for Energy Transition, Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development. Organised jointly by Canadian BFK International and Ivorian Roscidet, it will be held from the 17th to the 18th of June 2019.
Among the objectives of the FITSEDD, we note the ambition of:
– Valuing Africa’s innovative technological potential;
– To stimulate technological innovations in the renewable energy, energy efficiency and biodiversity conservation sector in Africa;
– Foster the emergence of new strategies for African countries to move up to the global renewable energy technology frontier and position themselves as virtuous models for mobilising renewable energy in global value chains.
The theme chosen for this pilot edition is “Sustainable Development and Climate Resilience: Technological Challenges and Opportunities on the African Continent”. ”The organisers hope to obtain conclusions at the end of this forum that will enable them to lay the foundations for reflections and actions to be carried out on the field. This is in order to fight pollution, save resources and contribute to achieving sustainable development objectives. The meeting will enable Africa to respond to the dual challenge of climate change: adaptation to this new phenomenon and the transition to renewable energy, according to its organisers.
The programme provides for exchanges on the following themes:
– Climate Change and Sustainable Development: The Challenges of Energy Transition in Africa
– Technological alternatives that promote innovation and the achievement of climate and SDO objectives in Africa: Renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable technology transfer, precision agriculture, resilience, adaptation, disaster risk reduction.
– Associated financing: what opportunities for African actors
– Studies, databases, modelling tools and decision-making aids for actors in Africa.
The programme also includes two certifying training sessions related to some of the themes included in the programme.
The FITSEDD should make it possible to formulate a framework for exchanges with a view to creating technological solutions adapted to Africa. The event should also serve as a platform to raise awareness among sustainable development stakeholders and equip them to contribute more effectively to the fight against climate change.
The participation fee is 250 euros for registrations made before May 1, 2019 and 350 euros after that date.
All additional information about the FITSEDD is available via this link: https://fitsedd.com/fr/tdrs